Essential Social Media Stats for 2017
Social Media Demographic Statistics
- 75% of male internet users are on Facebook as well as 83% of female internet users.
- 32% of teenagers consider Instagram to be the most important social network.
- Female internet users are more likely to use Instagram than men, at 38% vs. 26%.
- 29% of internet users with college degrees use Twitter, compared to 20% with high school degrees or less.
- 81% of millennials check Twitter at least once per day.
- Most Instagram users are between 18-29 years old, about six-in-ten online adults.
- 22% of the world’s total population uses Facebook.
- LinkedIn boasts more than 450 million user profiles.
- On any given day, Snapchat reaches 41% of 18 to 34-year-olds in the US.
- YouTube overall, and even YouTube on mobile alone, reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.